The mission of the BMW Association is to encourage cooperation, involvement, and awareness by interested parties in collaborative efforts to improve the water quality of Barr Lake and Milton Reservoir.
The vision of the BMW Association is to maintain appropriate water quality in Barr Lake and Milton Reservoir through the continuous implementation of a collaboratively-developed watershed management plan. Clear communication to all watershed stakeholders will be a major attribute.
- Broad and Active Stakeholder Participation
- Action and Measurable Results
- Outreach and Education
- Objectivity and Sound Science
- Respect for Public Resources
- Proactive and Prevention
List of Goals
- Form a stakeholder-driven, consensus-based watershed organization.
- Procure funding sources to sustain the watershed organization and its activities.
- Develop and update a watershed management plan.
- Develop and implement an information/education program.
- Continually expand the active membership of the organization.
- Coordinate watershed work with the efforts of other watershed groups, regulatory agencies and related organizations.
- Fulfill the requirements of 319 and other grants received.
Water Quality Goals
- Maintain water quality so that Barr Lake and Milton Reservoir are not on the 303(d) list.
- Develop water quality model(s) that will:
- Identify the biometrics driving excessive algal growth and high pH
- Qualify water quality parameters driving excessive algal growth and high pH
- Quantify water quality parameters driving excessive algal growth and high pH attributable to each source
- Identify appropriate reservoir management to maximize water quality
- Identify proper pollutant load allocations to achieve water quality targets
- Ensure that all plans and actions recommended will maintain or improve water quality and habitat
- Develop and manage a Water Quality Monitoring Plan
- Develop and manage a Reservoir Management Plan
- Develop and manage a Best Management Practice Plan
- Define site-specific, numeric and narrative water quality targets
- Develop and recommend to the State an appropriate wasteload and load allocation plan for a TMDL